Effective: November 01 2009
WHY DO WE COLLECT PERSONAL INFORMATION?
WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
Information that you provide when registering or creating an account, or accessing or using your account or the GaneShane products or services associated with your account, may include: name and email address; billing information; information concerning content accessed through GaneShane products or services, location information (such as zip code or postal code and country); computer configuration (such as operating system); the IP Internet (IP) address and URL of the Website that sent you to the GaneShane page; demographic information provided by you (such as gender and age, and, if applicable, content preferences and personalization information); and whether you logged into or out of aGaneShane service, or changed your password. We will not sell, rent or otherwise distribute your personally identifiable information to third parties without your consent, except as set forth below.
HOW DO WE KEEP YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION SECURE?
- - GaneShane understands that it is a privilege to have you as a customer and is committed to protecting your personal information. We use the following controls to protect your personal information:
- - Use of security controls to restrict access to databases housing personally identifying information;
- - Use of encryption for sensitive personal information, such as user passwords;
- - Restrict employee access to databases containing personal information and impose confidentiality requirements upon employees who do; and
HOW DO WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
GaneShane uses your personal information to:
- - Deliver to you GaneShane products and services, and communicate with you concerning your account and customer service issues.
- - Improve our software and services by providing personalized content recommendations, language and location customization, and/or personalized help and instructions;
- - Determine if you meet the minimum system requirements to use our products, and provide information concerning compatibility and interoperability to you;
- - Track content accesses, for the purpose of paying royalties and license fees to third party providers, such as record labels and other copyright holders license fees to third party providers, such as record labels and other copyright holders and content distributors;
- - Ask you to participate in surveys about products, services, news and events;
- - Offer you product upgrades, content and services;
- - Provide you with news, targeted advertising, promotions, and special offers; and
- - Better understand how our products are used, including Web traffic patterns and what types of content are most popular with users of our products and services.
WHEN AND HOW DO WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION WITH THIRD PARTIES?
GaneShane does not use your personal information for purposes incompatible with those listed above. GaneShane does not sell, rent, or share your personal information to a third party unless you consent to provide such information to a third party partner or content service.
Also, GaneShane may disclose your personal information if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to: (a) conform to the edicts of the law; (b) comply with the order of a competent judicial authority in any jurisdiction; (c) comply with legal process served on GaneShane; (d) protect and defend the rights or property of GaneShane; or (e) act in urgent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of GaneShane products or the public at large.
GaneShane Websites and products may contain links to other Websites and products. GaneShane is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such Websites or products. Please visit the privacy policies of these third party sites in order to understand their privacy policies and data collection practices.
E-MAIL FROM GANESHANE
Generally, we send e-mail to you about our products, content and special offers. Separate GaneShane products, services and lines of business may send separate newsletters and marketing emails. We may send you e-mail about your account status or other information concerning functions, features and status of your GaneShane products and services, or to inform you about critical technical service issues relating to a GaneShane product or service.
GaneShane does not require that you accept cookies, however, some functionality on our Websites may be disabled if you decline to accept cookies. You can set your browser to notify you when you receive a cookie, giving you the chance to decide whether or not to accept it. You may also change your GaneShane cookie settings through preferences options in our products.
THIRD PARTY AND GOOGLE ADSENSE ADVERTISING
NO ERROR FREE PERFORMANCE
CONTACT US ABOUT PRIVACY
If you have questions about the privacy aspects of our products or services or would like to make a complaint, please contact:
INFO AT GANESHANE DOT COM